Here’s our Peace and Freedom list of the top ten reasons to expect the Republican Party to make gains over the course of the next two to four years:
1) The economy: Despite the huge spending measures already enacted by the Obama administration, including the stimulus and the many ‘bailouts,” the economy may not even start any really significant recovery until this time next year. Voters are already tiring of the recession and showing discontent.
2) Democratic leaders like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and John Murtha. There is already rumbling that our Congressional leaders are disappointing voters. Most polls rate congress very poorly even though some 60% like Obama. Scandals, a lack of integrity and broken promises on transparency can add to the woes of Democrats easily over time.
Pushy Practices of Pelosi, Murtha Back To Haunt Them?
Democratic Party a “One Man Show” — After Obama, It’s a “Second-Division Ball Club”
“Democratic Party is Bought and Paid For By The Unions” Lawmaker Says
3) National debt, deficit and spending.
4) Taxes. Taxes will go up. There is just no way to support all our current spending let alone the promises of overhauls to health care, education, and the environment without raising more money and that means raising taxes.
Gov. Rick Perry, Texas
5) Unexpected world events. Just as nobody could have predicted 9/11, there could well be an event as yet unknown that unfolds to change the game for everyone before long. Just as Joe Biden predicted last year, this president will be tested….
6) Democratic Infighting. This is the party that has, for a long time, been unable to get along with itself, for too long, before all hell breaks loose….
7) Inflation. With all the borrowing of the federal government, inflation is indeed likely. Nobody will like that one bit. Which will hurt incumbents….
8) Loss of buying power and credit. Obama’s current campaign to rein in the credit card companies is admirable but it may result in millions of people unable to get the credit they’ve grown used to….Expect retail sales to lag other indicators of recovery…..
Retail sales remain slow in April:
9) Broken Promises. “Green jobs” won’t be as numerous or high paying as once promised and work for good jobs will dry up as GM and Chrysler and others move more jobs overseas….The health care overhaul may actually harm enough people that there could be a backlash that wants to punish lawmakers…
Latest News On Social Security, Medicare, Debt Show Inability of Government To Make Accurate Financial Predictions
Obama, Daschle and Socialized Medicine: Care of GE
Fiat threatens to walk away from Chrysler deal unless unions agree to concessions
10) Desire for Change/Hope (The Pendulum): In our American system, the pendulum has been swinging to and fro; from Republicans to Democrats and back again for almost all of time. People will tire of our current way of doing business and even the euphoria over Obama will wane.
11) Traditional Republican Discipline. The Republicans in general have traditionally shown much more discipline and togetherness than Democrats. The current squabbling over Cheney, Powell, Gingrich, Rush et al can be expected to wind down as elections near.
12) The law of unintended consequences. President Obama has changed so much, so aggressively, so often, so soon in his presidency that the effort is unprecedented. But this could mean that there is trouble lurking that has not been foreseen. And we know how well our government foresees things: like the current recession….
13) Bad Obama planning and staff work. Nobody read the stimulus? This will come back to hurt the president and the Democrats in Congress. many other examples of stupidity an ineptitude come to mind…..